Few carbohydrates are said to help reduce weight. Discover here what delicious alternatives there are to pasta, rice, etc.
“Low carb” is a diet that follows the principle of low carbohydrates and high fat loss. According to him, people who want to lose weight should follow this diet. Norddeutscher Rundfunk (NDR) Avoid foods rich in carbohydrates such as potatoes, rice, pasta and other grain products, as well as juices, soft drinks, sweets and alcohol. Instead, you can eat more protein and fatty foods such as meat, fish, dairy products, eggs and nuts. If you find it difficult to give up carbs, you can eliminate your cravings with some alternative foods.
Lose weight: Five foods are good alternatives to carbohydrates
In a diet that is based on avoiding carbohydrates, of course there will always be phases when you crave foods rich in carbohydrates. This phenomenon is also called “carbohydrate craving”: the insatiable desire for foods containing a lot of carbohydrates. These include, for example, pasta, rice or sweets. To successfully avoid such a fiery hunter attack or to prevent it from happening in the first place, you must shout out loud. fitforfun.de Therefore, use the following alternatives:
- Chickpea and lentil flour instead of white flour: If you are on a diet, you should switch from classic white flour pasta to pasta made with lentil or chickpea flour. These contain significantly more protein. Spaghetti made with vegetables, such as zucchini, are also suitable. They are also called “zoodles” and are a delicious alternative to high-carb noodles.
- Quinoa instead of rice: Like pasta, rice can also be substituted for low-carb foods. After eating rice, it can lead to cravings and cravings for more carbohydrates because it is converted to sugar in the body. Therefore, you can choose quinoa as an alternative. The so-called pseudocereal provides more healthy fats, proteins and vitamin B than white rice.
- Sweet potato fel instead of potatoes: Sweet potatoes contain a lot of fiber. These help stop carbohydrate cravings. Therefore, they are also a good alternative to classic potatoes if you want to lose a few kilos.
- Hemp seeds instead of granola: Since magnesium deficiency can also lead to carbohydrate cravings, you need to make sure you meet your long-term needs with a healthy diet. Hemp seeds can help you with this, as they contain a particularly high amount of magnesium. For example, sprinkle them on your muesli for breakfast in the morning or use them to refine soups and salads.
- Peppers and carrots instead of fruit: Since fruits contain fructose and can therefore be fattening, you can snack on pepper and carrot strips instead of apple slices, for example. They are especially suitable in the evenings, for example in front of the television, as a good alternative to a snack to lose weight. Unlike an apple (20 grams of sugar), a red pepper only contains half the sugar. If you don’t want to do without fruit, you should eat it in the morning if possible.
Don’t miss a thing: You will find everything related to health in the regular newsletter from our partner 24vita.de.
This article only contains general information on the respective health topic and is therefore not intended for self-diagnosis, treatment or medication. In no case does it replace a visit to the doctor. Unfortunately, our editorial team cannot answer individual questions about medical conditions.