Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is here, but which weapons are best for multiplayer? Here is the initial launch meta list with the six most powerful weapons.
Hamburg – In MW3, 6 weapons dominate multiplayer in the new Call of Duty. Here we show you the initial Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 meta list and give you tips on how to use and unlock the powerful weapons. The article offers the best option for each major type of weapon, regardless of whether it is the best sniper, the strongest MP, or a meta recoilless assault rifle.
MW3: The 6 best weapons in multiplayer – this is how you get them
Unlock the best weapons in MW3: Many of the best MW3 meta weapons for multiplayer can be obtained surprisingly quickly and early. If you need to level up a bit for one of the powerful weapons, there is a specific unlock feature: Armory Unlock in MW3 – This is how the new system works with challenges.
1. MCR: The best assault rifle in MW3 multiplayer
- The MCW assault rifle is currently considered the best fully automatic weapon in MW3 multiplayer.
- The MCW is an all-rounder, but it’s above average in all the important multiplayer aspects. Precision, minimal recoil and easy handling.
- You only unlock the powerful weapon at rank 44; Alternatively, you can also use and level up the MCW in the standard pre-made equipment.
2. DG-58 – Best Burst Assault Rifle in MW3 Multiplayer
- The DG-58 is a little less user-friendly than the MCR, but this AR is significantly more lethal.
- The DG-58 assault rifle fires in bursts (3 shots at a time), so it is often enough to briefly pull the trigger and enjoy an easy kill.
- The weapon’s accuracy is huge for an assault rifle, but missed volleys hurt even more.
- The DG-58 is unlocked late in MW3, but there is a trick to getting the best starting weapon: Quick setup and unlocking of the DG-58 in MW3. Here we have analyzed all the tests for professional equipment in German.
We’ve summarized how to level weapons quickly in MW3, as well as other tips and guides here:
More about MW3:
Weapons quickly in MW3 levels: trick for 3000 XP per second
MW3: Better Graphics Settings – FoV and Settings in German
Best German Controller Settings in MW3 – Aim and Movement Assist
3. Striker: the best submachine gun in MW3 multiplayer
- The best submachine gun is the new Striker in MW3, which you unlock early on.
- The SMG has low recoil, good range and damage. The shooting speed is slightly lower than usual for the genre. The release weapon is perfect for the popular run and gun style of play.
- In MW3, the Striker is the only weapon that has already been nerfed twice, but the submachine gun hasn’t really been nerfed in the latest update.
Alternative: A good MP option is the Lachmann Sub, which has dominated Warzone for a long time. If you have a meta monster that is fully equipped with a build, you can purchase it.
4. Longbow – The best sniper rifle in MW3 multiplayer
- Langbogen (longbow in English) is a light sniper with an impressive 30 rounds in the magazine.
- The range and penetrating power are much less than other sniper rifles, but it is possible to take faster follow-up shots with almost no recoil, perfect for inexperienced shooters at the time of shooting.
- Despite its high mobility, the damage of the longbow sniper rifle is enough for fatal shots, but you must hit the head or upper body.
Alternative: the sniper rifle KV Inhibitor is the slower and more powerful sister of the Longbow. The damage is also much higher, making it even easier to kill with body blows in MW3’s multiplayer. The KV-Sniper is also still quite mobile.
5. Lockwood: the best shotgun in MW3 multiplayer
- The Lockwood 300 only has 2 shots in the barrel and must be constantly reloaded, but thanks to its range and damage, it is the deadliest shotgun in MW3.
- The “Maelstrom double trigger” is particularly important, so you fire both bullets at once; no opponent can even come close to surviving that in multiplayer.
- But keep in mind that the Lockwood 300 is not a new weapon from MW3, but has been terrorizing Warzone for a long time and continues its reign in the multiplayer of the new CoD.
Alternative: If you can’t (or don’t want to) access the Chunky 300, you should use the Lockwood 680. This is currently the second best shotgun and also a new MW3 weapon. This shotgun is much more mobile and really suitable for close combat, but it has 6 shells in the magazine.
6. Holger 26: The best light machine gun in MW3 multiplayer
- The Holger 556 is significantly more mobile compared to other light machine guns and is more reminiscent of an assault rifle.
- Machine guns in Call of Duty have great magazines and damage, as well as enormous range. The Holger comes with a “relatively” small machine gun magazine of only 60 rounds.
- In MW3 multiplayer, unlike Warzone, you are much closer to the enemy and there is no armor, so the Holger 26 is the perfect LMG option, but in most situations normal assault rifles are stronger.
DMRs and Battle Rifles are having a tough time in multiplayer. Assault rifle and sniper hybrids are better suited for larger maps and modes where you want to stay mobile but at a distance. In the new war mode and later in Warzone 2, accurate weapons could be of some use. Here you will find everything about the start of the first joint season of MW3 and Warzone, as well as the Battle Pass.